Location: Cell Pathology lab (CRF 214)
Specifications: Bio-Rad ChemiDoc™ XRS+ with Image Lab™ Software
The Bio-Rad ChemiDoc with Image Lab software is located in CRF 214. You will need to get your badge approved for the key swipe process. Stop by CRF 201 to fill out a key card, have it signed by Dr. Lee, Wilson or Wandinger-Ness and then take it by the key shop. We hope that they will update badges on a weekly basis — and in the interim, there are several folks who can let you in!
It is strongly recommended to book half an hour (limit 1 hour) at a time on the ChemiDoc to allow others access to the equipment.
We would prefer that no ethidium bromide gels be imaged on the ChemiDoc since GelGreen and GelRed-stained gels are more sensitive and safer! Please see Mara or Cedric in the Wilson lab if you would like to try out these dyes.
If you must image an ethidium bromide-stained gel, the gel must be kept in a container at all times to avoid contamination of the ChemiDoc surface.
When transferring data using a memory stick, be sure that when ejecting the stick you do not accidentally eject the camera.
- View the calendar to reserve the BioRad ChemiDoc, which is located in the Cell Pathology lab (CRF 214)
- If this is your first time signing up for this resource you will be asked to create a new user account. Please note that your email address will be used only for confirmation and reminder emails from this system and will not be shared.
- Click the desired time slot on the calendar and create your reservation. You may delete or edit your reservation by signing in to your user account.
- The Cell Pathology lab is generally open between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM on weekdays, but the ChemiDoc may be used outside of those hours if you can arrange lab access.
- If you need to use the Image Lab software for analysis but the ChemiDoc is booked, the software is also available on the Image Analysis Workstation (CRF 205A). Please click here to make a reservation.
If you have any questions about the Gel Doc or Image Lab software, please contact Mara (email@example.com).